This Privacy Notice describes how your personal information is collected, used, and shared when you visit or make a purchase from www.dcauto-motion.co.za (the “Site”).
DC Auto-Motion (Pty) Ltd (“The Co.”) respects the privacy of you, the user and is committed to protect your right to privacy relating to all Personal Information, as may be subject to the protection under law, that may be shared with us through this website. The way Personal Information is collected and the way the Personal Information is used by The Co. is set out in this Privacy Notice. The use of The Co’s. website and other digital platforms, and the provisions specifically pertaining to the sharing of Personal Information, and information in general, shall be subject to this Privacy Notice. The user’s Personal Information is required when The Co. is to provide services that the user has requested or when the user elects to provide Personal Information.
Who we are:
DC Auto-Motion (Pty) Ltd was established in April 2010 with an intent focus to import and distribute a large range of linear motion as well as rotary motion control components to the South African and African industrial, electrical, mechanical and automotive markets. The company shares more than 10 years’ experience in the field of linear motion, rotary motion and automation product solutions.
We are official distributors of THK Co. Ltd Japan, Fritz Kuebler GmbH Germany, NBK Japan, Rollon S.p.A Italy and Gudel Switzerland, all of which offer unique linear motion, rotary motion as well as coupling connection and machine element technology solutions that are used in various automated machine applications worldwide.
DC Auto-Motion is located at the Home Ideas Centre, 11 Sunrock Close, Sunnyrock Ext. 2, Germiston, Gauteng. We have access to a manufacturing facility to assist our customers, not only with the supply of products or components, but also with customized solutions.
Our business offers OEM, resell, machine retrofits and end user customers, high quality products at reasonable prices.
The type of personal information we collect:
When you visit this Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse this Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to this Site, and information about how you interact with this Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
How we get the personal information and what we use it for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
- We do not alter our Site’s data collection and we do not use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- "Log files” track actions occurring on this Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Communicate further with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services;
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with our Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We may share this information with:
- Third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Third Parties if you have already given your consent for the disclosure of this information to such third party or if a contractual relationship exists in terms of which we are obliged to provide the information to such third party;
- We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- Should you wish to share your information for any other reason, we will do so only with your permission.
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored:
- The Co. will keep all your Personal Information confidential and will not sell or provide your Personal Information to unauthorised third parties for their independent use without your consent.
- The Co. will take reasonable steps to ensure that its service providers, who have access to your Personal Information, if applicable, keep such information confidential.
- The Co. will take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure your Personal Information is complete, accurate, not misleading and updated regularly. To achieve this, we will always aim to obtain Personal Information from you directly. Where this is not possible, we will make use of verifiable independent third-party data sources. You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your Personal Information, unless the law requires us to keep it. Where we cannot delete your Personal Information, we will take all practical steps to de-personalise it.
- The Co. will take all reasonable steps, including the implementation of appropriate security safeguards, to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration.
- Your Personal Information is stored in databases, which are located at The Co.’s premises or those of a contracted third party. These databases have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
- We will keep your information in accordance with our Data Retention Policy (available on request). We will then dispose of your information in accordance with our Data Destruction Policy (available on request.
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to email@example.com. We may charge you a fee for this service as set out in terms of Condition 8 of POPIA.
- You may also request The Co. to correct or supplement any of your personal data which The Co. will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. Adel Cawood OR Clarissa Nel will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting The Co. from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Information Officer) or email@example.com (Deputy Information Officer), if you wish to make a request.
Contact details of Information Officer:
Name: Adel Cawood
Address: 11 Sunrock Close, 131 Sunnyrock Ext 2, Germiston, 1401
Phone Number: 011 453 1740
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information. We however encourage you to first resolve any concerns directly with The Co.
If, thereafter, you feel that we have not resolved your complaint adequately, you may contact The Information Regulator at:
The Information Regulator:
JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General inquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org